Friday, February 16, 2007

You Just Never Know

Okay, yes, I'm a little strange....I was looking forward to this week. It's the one year anniversary of when the Big Adventure began, and I actually looked forward to rehashing "this time last year, we were...." Well, that lasted about two days. Valentine's Day last year I was in the hospital, so Valentine's Day this year, we made a lot of jokes along the lines of, "It doesn't matter how little we do to celebrate, at least we're not in the hospital this year," etc.

The ladies in our church have an e-mail group, and yesterday I decided to read through their daily posts of the time when they found out I was sick, when I was admitted, the two-week ordeal, and the birth of our precious Smiley Boy. I cried through all of them. Totally NOT what I was expecting. Then, today, I had reason to be at the Women's Pavilion (taking SB to a music play group offered by the university). When I went into the bathroom there, just a short walk from where I spent three weeks last year, all of the fixtures, the cleaning agents, the tile floor, the general feel of the room almost overcame me, and I was nauseated for several minutes.

So, I guess God wants me to see something in this that I don't see yet, but I'm not just glibly rehashing the events of last year now. We'll see what He has in mind....

No comments: